Moody’s believes ERM is an ongoing process to actively ensure an organizations is continually focused on optimizing its strategic objectives. Moody’s emphasis is on the risk management process of the executive management team and the board’s oversight of risk management. In their interviews with C-Suite and Board of Directors, they ask the following questions:
1) Does your organization know all of the risks which could impact on the achievement of strategy?
2) How much risk is being taken by each division or business segment?
3) Who is managing these risks and how well are they being managed?
4) What is the inherent risk involved in joint venture proposals or major change initiatives?
5) How well are your competitors managing their risks? Would you have a competitive advantage if your organization better managed your risks?